Friday 24 June 2011

T-27 - Back to Square Lard

13.2 Miles 2011 - 474.8 miles
RunStreak: 1 day!

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates


Morning all!

Well I have to admit that I was always dubious that the RunStreak would last over 200 days taking me to the end of the year.  I would have hoped to have at least made it to 1 month!  There are very good reasons why, see below...
Runs Completed - Week Ending 24th June
Saturday - 1.2 miles @ 7:54mm
A speedy little trot around Chiswick this morning. My son's school Summer Fete today so I was up at 6.30 to set up then was cycling around Chiswick collecting and delivering various detritus. As a result in the 30 mins I had to spare late morning I decided to save the streak. Quite quick although the legs remain rather tired
Sunday - 7.9 miles @ 9:05mm
A Father's Day special. After a very lardy but delicious breakfast in bed provided by the equally delicious Mrs LB. Pancakes, fruit, maple syrup, cream and coffee in tum, I set off for a 3 miler. After a couple of miles I felt pretty good so decided to extend it, I am pleased that I managed to reach 8 miles, near as damn it. Pleased with my effort, so will enjoy larding out for the rest of Father's Day....

Monday - Thursday 0 miles 
In a word.... Bollocks!  Well actually back.  On Monday morning just sitting at my desk I heard a couple of pops at the base of my spine and was immediately in agony.  I walked my little lady to nursery and then hobbled back.  The rest of the day and Tuesday were a blur of pain, Diazepam, Tramadol and Stella.  On Wednesday I went to my Osteopath who surprised me for 2 reasons:

1. He didn't give me a bollocking for doing loads of running, in fact he positively encouraged me to crack on.  Normally these guys are all doom and gloom, saying the 'larger' gentleman might consider low impact stuff instead.

2.  He also told me that all the work had meant I should recover quicker because I looked to be in 'great shape'...!  What the fuck?  Me.  In great shape?  I have never heard anything funnier.  I can only assume he had been on the gin (it was in the afternoon)

Anyway he weaved his magic (if you live in West London and need an Osteo let me know, he is ace) and I felt a little better although was still walking round looking like I had a marrow shoved up my bottom.

By yesterday I felt much better and so.....

Friday -  4.1 miles @ 9:20mm
It was time to get back out there and give my back (and legs) a little test drive.  The run itself was a little slow, but I didn't want to go nuts on my first run.  The immediate reaction is very positive, no pain and so I will just have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow morning.

So what next?  Simple.  I start the RunStreak again from 1 and take it from there.  If I have a good week I will be over 500 miles for the year at the half way point in the year so on target.....

Have a great weekend all

LBX

No comments:

Post a Comment