Friday 10 June 2011

T-29 Weeks - 400 Mile Lard

32.7 Miles 2011 - 432.3 miles
RunStreak: 14 days

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates


Morning all!



Apologies if the blog today still is a little disjointed.  I am now getting into the habit of writing up notes each day after a run.  It saves time on a Friday when I post the blog.

This week has been a cracker.  By far my biggest week of running since April and ankle injury notwithstanding the run streak has so far never been in doubt.  I have even managed to squeeze in some 5-a-side footie and some cycling in.  Those that know me well will be aware that I tend to get addicted to stuff (!) but also am drawn into fads rather easily, I am a bit of a sheep you see!  Anyway I can't help but feel that I am getting a little addicted.  Last Saturday for example we had the McCarthys to stay, I was a wee bit hungover, and I only had an hour time-frame to run in.  Mrs LB was off for a day out so daddy daycare would have meant the streak was in doubt.  But hungover I got up and got the job done....  



This week I passed the 400 mile mark for 2011, need to get beyond 500 by the end of June!


Anyway below is a brief summary of the runs this week!

Runs Completed - Week Ending 10th June

Saturday - 5.1 miles @ 8:55mm
Despite a hangover off I went anyway at 7am; clearly a bit stupid. Our visitors included the man mountain that was Mat McCarthy. Now however after a 1:43 half marathon he looks in need of a good meal to be honest. After a sluggish start and some severe boiking... (thought I was gonna hurl a few times!) things picked up and decided to head off to Hammersmith to do a bit of a longer loop than usual. I was pretty pleased with the efforts, having had a load of lager and wine the night before quite honestly the run and subsequent survival was a bit of a miracle quite frankly..




Sunday - 3.6 miles @ 8:38mm
Pace picked up today. Think that I have now learned that my jogging pace is nearer 9mm and not 10mm. As a result when I want to put my foot down I can. Happy with this run

Monday - 3.3 miles @ 8:17mm
Didn't have enough time to do a long run today in the end. Decided to crack on with a quicker, shorter run. I was delighted with the pace. Maybe a 1:50 half marathon and 4 hour marathon is a possibility for such a (erm) larger gentleman.... Only time will tell!

Tuesday - 8.2 miles @ 8:57mm
Up with the larks for this run. Down to the river at Hammersmith then along to Kew and home. The tide was so high that I didn't get a lot of river running done but stuck to the roads. As a result I had to deal with a number of grumpy pedestrians who clearly have a bit of an attitude problem. I would have thought living in such a nice place as Barnes would make the general mood a positive one..... clearly not. Cheer up ffs, what is your problem!

Wednesday - 1.2 miles @ 8:50mm
Because I had footie in the evening I decided against a longer run but instead a streak saving 1 mile around the block in Chiswick. Another reason for a lack of longer run was thanks to my darling daughter who stole my mojo by waking up at 5.30 this little minx! Nothing to report on the run this morning apart from being given a cheery wave and hello from a random drunk in the park. Superb effort!

Thursday - 10.1 miles @ 9:02mm
A run from my little lady's nursery, down to the river at Kew, along to Hammersmith back to Barnes and home. After footy on Wednesday night the legs felt a little sore. My ankle continues to give me grief but I will not let it stop me. I wanted a longish run out of the way; I am on a boys weekend this weekend so the runstreak 1 milers will be the way forward then!

Friday - 1.2 miles @ 8:07mm
Ankle strapped, a ginger little trot around Chiswick in order save the streak. I think it is going to be ok, I hope.

Have a great weekend all

LBX

No comments:

Post a Comment