Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Joys of Being a New Boy

Morning all

Well that was an interesting morning run....  I planned out a 4 mile run on google maps this morning.  Being a new boy in a new area I am not yet up to speed on the best routes to run.  Anyway I set out and a mile or so in I had to turn right down a footpath... only problem is that there was a jock off padlocked gate across it!  Never mind I will press on I thought, a few hundred yards later I realised that I was effectively running through Woburn Safari Park!  Now of course whilst I was not exactly in with the lions etc I still got a few odd looks and waves from various people heading to work there!

I then realised where I was and cracked on and headed for an exit that I knew would get me back towards Woburn village.  Then I came across another locked gate and had to turn around.  Readers of this blog from last year know how much I HATE out and backs, they do my head in.  In fact the the 10K later in the month I am doing is 4 laps of 2.5k which if anything is worse... I will have to sort my head out for that one.  Anyway I trudged back a little slower than I had headed out but most importantly I had no pain in the groin which is great.  Also despite it being quite warm I felt fairly fresh when I got back.  It is amazing how quickly you lose fitness.  Earlier this year I was running this kind of run at least 4 minutes faster.  However I know that I need to be patient and get back into the swing of things slowly.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey, this morning that was literally about right.

Have a good un all.



FUTURE RACES
10k Virgin Team Triathlon 22nd September 2012
Marathon Brighton Marathon 14th April 2013
Marathon London Marathon (Ballot) 21st April 2013
PERSONAL BESTS
Distance Time Race Date
1m 00:06:49 Magic Mile 31st January 2012
5k 00:24:30 Training  10th February 2012
10k 00:50:26 Training  5th February 2012
HM 01:52:00 Wycombe Half Marathon  July 1989!!!
16m 02:26:12 Kingston Breakfast Run 27th March 2011
Marathon 04:32:12 London Marathon 17th April 2011
2012 ACTIVITY
Today 4.4 Miles Elevation: 178ft 08:59 mm Pace
Total 205.4 Miles

1 comment:

  1. Whoops!! Lucky you weren't in with the lions and tigers...although at least if you had been, you'd have been able to clock a new magic mile time ;)

    Really glad you're back running again and without pain! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete