Monday 3 September 2012

The Return of Lard

It's funny you know.  I have spent the best part of 5 months now injured or feeling injured, and as I reflect on what I wanted to achieve this year all I have done is go backwards.  To demonstrate how this has affected my mindset on things, this is my first blog for nearly 6 months!  Hooray I hear you say, well LB is back!

Much has changed this year with the family relocating from West London to rural Bedfordshire.  The blog could focus on just how shit the whole process was and how stressful it all was but it would bore the arse off you!  Suffice it to say this along with other reasons (none of which are good enough) has meant that this year so far has been one of immense frustration fitness wise.  Whilst I have run a bit in the past few months I have not broken more than 3 miles at any time!  Pathetic.

However here we are in September and I have decided to set myself some goals to take me through to the end of 2012.  I found the blog a useful way to make myself deliver on promises so here's hoping that this is what happens!  The goal for 2012 is to hit 500 miles for the year (given last year's 1,020 this is piss poor!), and also to lose 1 stone in weight pre Christmas.  Simple in everything bar delivery....  In addition I am off the booze Sunday - Friday... if I don't type it, then there is a chance I might decide to not be committed to it!

After this morning's 2.8 miles with Mrs LB (lots of hills in Bedfordshire!), I am over 200 miles this year with most of these miles done before my injury.  The injury is still affecting me, it was diagnosed as Gilmore's Groin...  Painful I can assure you.

I still want to focus on running although I might look at some duathlons next year.  In the coming weeks I will use this blog to incentivise myself to keep going, and it will also refocus back on the Magic Mile at some point although I might just focus on being selfish for now!


FUTURE RACES
10k Virgin Team Triathlon 22nd September 2012
Marathon Brighton Marathon 14th April 2013
Marathon London Marathon (Ballot) 21st April 2013
PERSONAL BESTS
Distance Time Race Date
1m 00:06:49 Magic Mile 31st January 2012
5k 00:24:30 Training  10th February 2012
10k 00:50:26 Training  5th February 2012
HM 01:52:00 Wycombe Half Marathon  July 1989!!!
16m 02:26:12 Kingston Breakfast Run 27th March 2011
Marathon 04:32:12 London Marathon 17th April 2011
2012 ACTIVITY
Today 2.8 Miles
Total 201 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment