Monday 15 October 2012

LB Brighton Challenge - Day 1

All roads lead to Brighton!

Well today was the start of the journey and, despite quite a lot of swearing, I quite enjoyed my first proper interval session.  Today's run was not quite in line with the original plan.  Mondays are rest days on the schedule.  However as I am in London tomorrow I thought I had better get Tuesday's session done early.  I also thought that Day 1 of the new challenge should actually contain some exercise!

Part of the challenge is to blog each day I run.

This morning, I had some company with Mrs LB joining me for some of the intervals (although I have to say she cut some corners!), although whilst she missed out on 2 of the intervals she did do some other exercises whilst I chugged away!

So this morning after a 1.5 Mile warm up I did 6 intervals around the rec near our house.  As it happens a lap is 475 metres so I stuck with that and I am quite pleased with the consistency if a little disappointed with the actual pace....  My intervals were:

2:01
1:59
1:58
2:01
2:02
2:01 

So I have got things started at least.  As I will plan on using the same laps, I obviously will be hoping to increase my speed on these as well as the reps.

There are of course 3 parts to this challenge so time to own up to the fact that as of this morning I am weighing in at 15stone!  Scary stuff.  But there it is commited to 'paper'....  The weight loss plan is simple.

Stick to the training schedules, no booze during the week, no bread, no cheese, and no beer at home.  The plan is to hit 13stone although I would be happy with 13.5.

Lots on so better dash, have a good week.

LBx

No comments:

Post a Comment