Friday 27 September 2013

London Calling....?

Well I haven't blogged for a while and it took another London Marathon disappointment to get my head sorted. I hadn't even realised that this had landed on the doorstep on Wednesday til yesterday....

I have run London twice. In 2006 as a corporate whore with Disney running for Childline, in 2011 I was lucky enough to get in the Bequest Draw and ran for a very small charity that regular readers will know all about. However the latest Dear John from London was my SIXTH failure, each time donating my entrance fee and receiving some cheap and nasty highly flammable garment probably made by some poor 5 year old in Bangladesh. Right then London that is the last time I even try to run your marathon. 

So for someone so injury prone who has lost his fitness in the past 10 months what should I do?

For a start I will start blogging more and use my Twitter mates for my inspiration. But what should I be inspired to do??? Running obviously but if I "just go running" then a person who lacks motivation such as myself may as well read "sit on my fat arse eating biscuits"! Because that is what I would do!

Anyway this is the plan for 2014: 

1. Blog more
2. Park Run at least 2 times a month
3. 1 other race a month at least
4.  Lose 2 stone in weight
5. Beat my PBs in the following distances (5k, 10k, HM and Marathons)
6. Do the High Peak 40 in September 2014

There I have said it now I just have to do it. Once the plans form more then I will blog to commit myself, however I am travelling for work next week so this will have to do for starters....! Now where's those HobNobs. 


LBx 

No comments:

Post a Comment