Friday 27 May 2011

T-32 Weeks - Change It Up Lardy Boy

14.5 Miles 2011 - 376.9 miles

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Runs Completed
20th May - 3.0 miles @ 9:50mm
22nd May - 11.5 miles @9:37mm


Another pretty frustrating week in terms of getting out for a run but managed my longest run post the marathon on Sunday.  I have to admit that the run bloody nearly killed me, I felt worse than I did after mile 20 of the marathon.  The marathon seems a long time ago now but I need to press on and give myself a right royal kick up the backside.


As a result I have decided that as of tomorrow I am going on a running streak.  Now before everyone reaches for the gagging bucket and blindfolds I am not about to take to the streets of London in my altogether.  I am going to run at least 1 mile every day between now and the end of the year.


That will mean that the 1,000 mile target will be easier to achieve but will also give me another goal to aspire to.  I will also book in all my races from June to December and blog those next week.  These things will provide me the motivation to get things kick started.  I also need your help with reads of the blog, sharing around and generally badgering / harassing me into extracting my digit from my arse.


Speaking of races it is the BUPA 10K in London town on Monday which I am really looking forward to.  One of my race goals was to break 50 minutes for a 10K by the end of the year, this time round the target is 53 mins.  We will see.


Have a top bank holiday weekend, and don't forget the just giving site is open until the end of July, so feel free to drop by and splash the cash!


LBX

No comments:

Post a Comment