Wednesday 18 May 2011

T-33 Weeks - Getting There!

16.2 Miles 2011 - 376.9 miles

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Runs Completed
14th May - 4.1 miles @ 9:02mm
16th May - 4.0 miles @9:39mm
18th May - 8.1 miles @ 8:59mm


Well that was a little better.  3 runs completed and each good fun in their own way.


On Saturday morning I woke (without kids!) in Whitstable.  I had escaped with Mrs LB, her sister and hubby for a seafood and white wine festival.  Despite a wee hangover I trundled for an out and back along the coastline.  The first half was a breeze and we all know why don't we?  Yes when I turned around for the return journey I soon realised that I had run the first 2 miles with a gale force wind up my chuff.  The return journey as a result was a little challenging but a great start to the day.  I however compounded this blow out by then spending half the day walking 8 miles from Whitstable to Faversham at the end of which I was bloody knackered.  So exhausted in fact that I was tempted to include it in the mileage.


I decided against that though due to the fact that we stopped for a pint half way so hardly hard core exercise!


I would have run on the Sunday but my wife refused to get out of bed to join me...


She could be arsed on Monday though so we had a trot round Chiswick which was great with the small exception that I completely turned over my dodgy ankle again!  I am getting pretty pissed off with it.  Realistically I should probably rest it but I am enjoying the running again now after a 3 week lull post-Marathon.


So even though the ankle was feeling dodgy this morning I dosed up on Neurofen and Ibuprofen Gel and set out for a blast down the river.  The result was a really well paced 8 miler that I really enjoyed.


The plan for the next week or so are a few speedy shorter runs ahead of the BUPA 10K run in London on 30th May.  Also I am planning on getting myself signed up for some half marathons so that I get the focus I need to keep the mileage up.


Anyway lots on so must dash, til then!
LBX

No comments:

Post a Comment