Thursday 8 September 2011

Back To Blighty

20.4 Miles (589.8Total)



September 2nd - 6.8 (loop from holiday house, out to Monseret and home again) 
September 3rd - 1.1 (Streaksaver mile before getting in the car to drive 800 miles home - a run for each day of the holiday)
September 6th - 4.2 (Streak broken - see below, a nice gentle trot around Acton and Chiswick with Mrs LB)
September 8th - 8.3 (Run from Annie's nursery down to Kew, river to Hammersmith and home via Chiswick High Road)

Well what an interesting end to last week and the beginning of this!  The end of the holiday in France was a little uneventful, the weather went distinctly RosBif!  Anyway there was some good news at the end of the holiday (I managed to lose 4lbs on holiday despite drinking and eating my body weight in wine and cheese) and I ran each morning of our holiday.

Completely unrelated to running and in the interest of providing you with some amusing light relief (laughter at the ineptitude of LB) there was also some bad news in the guise of my driving. Now like the next man I think I am the best driver in the world and I am pleased to say that up until last week I had had some 21 years of trouble free driving.

Last week I managed to dink my car twice in fairly laughable ways that I will only share face to face as they are embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure.  Not so funny is the 2 lots of excess that will have to be paid to the garage when I get the car back.  I am tempted to run the Marathon next year in aid of my excess payments as surely there are fewer worthy causes in the world today....  Well maybe not but I am rather strapped for cash now so feel free to make a donation.


Anyway after driving 800 miles on Sat / Sun I had no interest in running so decided to rest and focus back on the plan.....

Starting from next Friday I will be doing a 100 day run streak taking me both to 1,000 miles and Christmas Eve.  I need to get at least 600 miles by then.  I am planning on running over the weekend on a visit to the Hatchets in Belper so I should be well over the 600 mile barrier by then and on track!

Also in the distance are the Great South Run at the end of October which is 10 miles and I am very keen to get the pace up again to smash the 1.5 hour barrier.  Also I will find out about the London Marathon place in October.  I won't lie, if I don't get in then I won't be that disappointed!  If I don't get in then I will need to get my thinking cap on for 2012's challenge, still a long way to go on this one though!

Till next time
LBx

1 comment:

  1. Shouldn't you be calling him "David".....

    ReplyDelete