Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Lardy Boy Run Streak Begins

23.2 Miles (628.7 Total)

September 17th - 4.0 (A little jaunt in the New Forest while camping with Team LB) 

September 19th - 7.1 (A 10k training run with a friend around Chiswick then a jog home after)
September 20th - 4.6 (Mrs LB's longest run and fastest run yet!  Impressive stuff around Chiswick) 
September 27th - 7.5 (The RunStreak til Christmas begins!)

Morning all,

The last couple of weeks have been fairly quiet running wise but I have still managed to keep pulling on the trainers every now and then.  A bust couple of weeks at home and work have reduced the ability to get out.  Also Team LB went camping in the New Forest a couple of weeks ago and I have just returned from a 4 day booze-fuelled, 6 round of golf frenzy that is an annual event that always leaves me rather 'jaded' for a few days after.

This morning then was a rather tentative step back into the unknown with a fairly regulation trip to Hammersmith, river to Kew and Home run.  I was very surprised that I felt pretty much alright on the run although I was attacked by mosquitoes on the aforementioned golf weekend and that proved a little uncomfortable!

Today marks the start of the final push to 1,000 miles for the year.  Despite 2 separate injuries that forced me to run much less than planned in March and no running at all in July I remain very confident that I can deal with the remaining mileage by attempting a run streak.  I just have to keep reminding myself that this is not a race and the mileage is what counts for me.  Anyway the rest of the week are fairly regular 3 milers with a 12 mile run planned for Saturday morning.

In other news and by some kind of miracle I stepped in the scales and they tipped in BELOW 15st....  Now this is hardly puts me in the underweight category but it does mean that I have lost a stone in weight this year, although I still want to lose at least another stone before the end of the year.  This barrier will mean a name change will be required!

Also my Just Giving page has now officially closed and I am delighted to say I raised in excess of £5k before Gift Aids.  I will dig out the letter and put on my next blog.  I am very proud of the fundraising achievement and sincerely grateful to my friends and family who have contributed so generously.  Even more amazing are the donations from people I have never even met, so thank you!  If you haven't yet donated but want to please go click here to go to the Cri du Chat Support Group website and donate directly.  If you do, please let me know as it will help spur me on in the coming weeks.

Anyway having buggered off for a boys weekend I have a lot to crack on with so that is all for now.

LBx

No comments:

Post a Comment