Monday 3 October 2011

Reject Lard

31.3 Miles (660.0 Total)

Sept 28th - 3.3 (A quick loop of Chiswick, 2 days following my large golf weekend and a day after my first run of the run streak the legs felt rather heavy but I need to keep going) 

Sept 29th - 2.7 (The 'rest' day trot around Acton and Chiswick, I have a loop that I find interesting that will be my 'rest' day run)
Sept 30th - 2.3 (A gentle jog with the missus, she is recovering from a cold and my ankle felt dodgy so glad just to keep the streak going) 
Oct 1st - 12.5 (6am long run, in time to get back and watch England play Scotland..... why did I bother!  Awful.  The run was pretty good although running each day I think will affect my pace.  'Refuelling' may also prove to be more important than normal!)
Oct 2nd - 3.0 (Recovery run on location in Hampshire, bloody hilly though and a small hangover meant the going was a bit tough)
Oct 3rd - 7.5 (6am run from home to Hammersmith, river to Kew and home.  A great way to start the week given the fact I wasn't exactly overly keen to get out of bed at 5.45!)

Run Streak - 7 Days

Morning all

The first thing to discuss this morning is that I missed out on the ballot for next year's London Marathon.  As much as I hated the rejection of not getting in, I was secretly a bit pleased to be honest.  The training for a marathon is relentless and a bit brutal to be honest, so not having to do 13 weeks of training in the winter including 3 * 20 mile training runs is quite nice!

So what to do next year instead.  Having thought about entering another marathon, and one I would be more likely to get into I decided that I wouldn't.  Instead I am focusing on the following challenges for next year:
  • 4 Half Marathons and 6 10k races
  • The Wales 3,000's (climbing the 14 peaks in Wales over 3,000 ft in 1 day), this happens in June I think.  I have been roped into it by 2 blokes who are rather fitter than me (to say the least!) so need to get training for that!
  • Potentially running the Thames towpath in 3/4 days (180 miles, which I think is possible but Mrs LB still needs convincing)
But before even really thinking too much about these I have the small matter of finishing the 1,000 mile challenge for 2011.  This week has been a good one.  I have finished my first week of run streak and in the past 7 days I have run 38 miles and am bang on track.  There are 13 weeks til Christmas and I have daily targets to hit to get me to the magic 1,000 miles by Christmas Eve.

I have had a few people contact me about making a donation for the Cri du Chat Syndrome Support Group.  My just giving site is now closed but if you want to make a donation please click here to go to the CdC website, donations can then be made directly to them.

Thanks for continuing to support me by reading this blog, it means such a lot.  Please do share with anyone you think might be interested.

LBx

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to stop by (currently from Islamabad!) to see how you're doing! 340 to go ...... Hugs to all LB family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi E
    Thanks for that and stay safe!
    LBx

    ReplyDelete