Tuesday 25 October 2011

Stop Lard Start Lard Less Lardy

35.4 Miles (719.6 Total)

Oct 14th - 8.0 (W4 to Richmond, river to Kew splutter home.  Wanted a longer run but Lardy was struggling) 

Oct 17th - 5.0 (After a weekend of excesses down in Cheltenham celebrating Macca's big 4-0, the week ahead will be a long work one and running will be pretty much impossible)
Oct 18th-22nd - 0.0 (Selling Lardy's wares at Olympia for 3 days followed by a weekend of cooking were my excuses!) 

Oct 23rd - 2.0 (A semi-drunken Sunday morning chug through Chiswick to collect the Lard-Mobile!)

Oct 24th - 8.4 (Where did that come from!? Each mile under 9 minutes with an average of 8;45, the rest and 'recharging' clearly stood me in good stead, the rest and long runs in chunks are the way forward I think)
Oct 25th - 12.0  (A chuggy dark early morning run from W4 to Putney by road then north bank to Kew and home)

A very interesting 10 days indeed.  Let's not much about here the 1,000 miles is going to be a struggle by New Year, almost impossible by Christmas but there is good reason to be cheerful for LB today.

1. 20+ miles in the last 2 days, this morning was not much fun.  I took a wrong turn before Putney Bridge meant a run through a deserted and dark graveyard, I was crapping myself.  As I ran deeper into the graveyard, I began to realise that it might be a dead end.  Despite being near the middle of the biggest city in Europe it was bloody terrifying.  Happiness in getting through were soon off set my another mile in pitch black through Fulham Palace Park.  The fifth mile of my run this morning were by a long way my fastest!

2. Last weekend was the first of my 2 Lardy Boy Dinners.  Rose from Chiswick Bootcamp very kindly donated £150 to the cause , and I was pleased to say the food went down a storm.  Very pleased indeed.  I wasn't massively happy with the main course, but I was in the minority of 9 people and that is what matters!  Cheers Rose.

3. When I stepped on the scales yesterday I was more than a little shocked.  After 3 weeks off the scales I was fearing the worst but was delighted that I tipped in a little-less-Lardy 14.5 Stone.  I have lost 1.5 stone this year so far, and although I still have another stone to lose, I weigh less than I have for at least 10 years.  

4.  The 700 mile barrier has been broken!

On the flip side I have to face up to the fact that it is 90 days til my self-imposed deadline of Christmas Eve (yep 90 days til Chrimbo, sorry!).  This means I near as damn it need to run 5 miles per run (assuming rest days) between now and then.  Given the fact that I have given up on the run streak, my ankle just cannot do it, I have to really bag 3 longer runs a week to keep the target in place.

I have therefore decided against doing the Great South Run on Sunday.  I am really disappointed to do it but getting in the car at 6am on Sunday to drive to Pompey and 'only' run 10 miles isn't what I need to do.  Especially when I can get out for an early 14/15 miler on my doorstep and not have to drive so far.  It is a shame but I need miles not races.

I have got a lot to get through and I am pleased to say work is really picking up too.  The balance is going to be a challenge, but hey, if the challenge is easy what's the bloody point!

Rest day tomorrow and back out on Thursday morning.

Have a good one all.

LBx

No comments:

Post a Comment