Tuesday 1 November 2011

2 Months to Go....

32.3 Miles (751.9 Total)

Oct 27th - 9.3 (6am club run in the dark on the road to Putney, north bank to Kew and home)

Oct 30th - 15.1 (My longest run since the London Marathon.  Down to the river at Kew, north bank to Putney, over Putney Bridge then south bank to Kew and home)
Nov 1st - 7.9 (Home to the 'Smiff north bank to Kew, a loop of Chiswick and home) 


Well I thought I would write a short blog to celebrate 2 things:


1. The fact the challenge only has 2 months to go
2.  I am over the 750 mile mark!


In the past few days I have maintained the plan of doing longer runs but then resting properly rather than the run streak and I think it is paying off.  I felt quite sore this morning but survived and managed a reasonable pace so pretty happy overall.


My 9 miler last Thursday was interesting as it was pitch black when I arrived in Putney, 4 miles into my run.  Having taken a wrong turn I realised I was running through a graveyard.  I am not very proud to say that I was crapping myself!  As I hurtled through the graveyard I realised that the gate at the back of the church may be closed and therefore I would have to turn back.....  Thankfully the gate was open but then Bishop's Park was in total darkness and again was pooping it as I sprinted through the park.  The rest of the run was a bit of a struggle as I had screwed up the pace but I was happy to bank the 9 miler.  For those who are interested my 5th mile was around 1min faster than any other mile I ran that morning.


I celebrated the clocks going back by going out again a 6 but this time with the sun rising I enjoyed a gentle chug along the river, not focused on pace at all but simply banking the miles.  I forewent the Great South Run in Portsmouth so I could do a 15 mile run locally instead of 10 miles.  I am a bit disappointed to have missed it but it was for the best, miles are more important than races for now.


Then to this morning a little stiff and a sore back (I played football with my nephews, brother in law and my son on Saturday and scored with an overhead scissor kick.  Great at the time but I am 39 years old now and I really should know better!).  The best news is that I am now 750 miles in with 'only' 250 to go.  In the past 2 weeks I have regained about 20 miles that were lost in September with the injury, I am nearly back on track!


Plan for this week is more of the same!


Have a great day


LBx

2 comments:

  1. You are clocking up some great miles there. I've just started to get back into larger mile territory with a 13.3miler last week being the longest.... Hoping to push up to 14-15miler by the end of this week or beginning of next week though.

    What exactly is the challenge you are following?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, the plan is pretty simple, 4 runs a week making sure the weekend one is a long one. Been injured a fair bit which has held me back but determined to get to 1,000 by NYE, maybe even Christmas Eve! LB

    ReplyDelete