Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Slog Continues...

62.1 Miles (846.4 Total)


Nov 11th - 9.0 (6am club run to Smiff then home via the south bank to Kew)
Nov 12th - 15.5 (A disaster, wardrobe malfunction= chaffing! Also fed wrong so imploded 3 miles from home, got it done tho!)
Nov 14th- 5.5 (Body not very happy with me after the weekend disaster)
Nov 15th- 6.5 (A little better, these longer runs really take it out of your legs.  The pace is down but it is not about that for now!)
Nov 18th- 8.0 (Boys beer and golf weekend ahead so a little chug on a Friday morning, no run at the weekend so need to get cracking again from Monday)
Nov 21st - 6.0 (Legs felt great despite abusing my body all weekend!  Little trot along the river, very pleasant)
Nov 22nd- 11.6 (6am club run, first half awesome, second half not so good.  Really banking some big miles now just to keep on track)


Afternoon all


It has been a while since my last blog but as you can see I have been busy!  Just the small matter of 150 miles to go now.  Amazingly I have covered 200 miles in the past 6 weeks so the goal is achievable if still a little daunting.  In reality I am still planning to finish on Christmas Eve but at least the extra week is there if it is needed.


Also I have been injury free for the last 2 months and that makes a huge difference, as the miles just keep being knocked off one way or another.  In reality the challenge is 1,000 miles in 10 months because I have had so many niggles (including the whole of July off injured)


I am not massively enjoying the running at the moment though, mainly because the goal is always in front of you (a bloody long way in front of you!) and my pace is really suffering because the mileage is relentless.  However I remain focused and 100% committed to achieving the goal set out all those months ago!


Aside from this year's challenge I have been paying a lot of thought on what's next.  In January I hit 40 and I am fitter now than I have been in 20 years.  Therefore it is important not to rest on my laurels but lose another stone in weight (already down 1 and a half this year) and then set myself some new challenges.  More on those later.


Plan is for a little run tomorrow (footie tomorrow evening), rest on Thursday then a big one on Friday!


Til then
LB X

1 comment:

  1. You are doing really well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete