Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Final Countdown

53.7 Miles (900.1 Total)


Nov 23rd - 3.6 (a little trot with Mrs LB)
Nov 25th - 3.0 (Another little trot around Chiswick to keep the miles ticking over)
Nov 28th- 6.3 (After my brother's stag do I was quite surprised by how spritely I was)
Nov 29th- 11.6 (6am club run down to the river at Kew, along to Hammersmith and back to Kew.  Absolutely stunning morning, cold and totally still)
Dec 2nd- 8.0 (After a couple of days off it was nice to be back out there, along the river early doors)
Dec 5th - 6.2 (A nice leg stretcher with a Chiswick running buddy after not running all weekend)
Dec 6th - 15.0 (6am club long run, much better than last time.  Really good pace but blimey how cold!)


Well I am now beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  A light that is still a bloody long way away but a light there is.  I have been looking forward to this day for a while now, the miles to go column is now down to 2 digits, and in my little world that feels bloody good.


To focus only on today, I had my best run since the BUPA 10K race all the way back in May.  Such great fun and I felt really very fresh all the way to the final mile.  I set out in my very fetching tights for the first time this winter, at 6am it was ball-breakingly cold so these were mandatory!  I think they make a big difference on days like this morning because I was springing along like the proverbial lamb (a fat lamb, but a lamb all the same!).  I will be getting grief off my Twitter mates because a few of them are #stillinshorts but they will be there soon enough!


Anyway I have a lot on today so will keep this fairly brief but suffice it to say that the next few weeks will be a little brutal to say the least, but I have a plan to get the job done by Christmas Eve leaving a week in the bank if it is needed.  I have also given a lot of thought to what the 2012 challenges will be but more on those another time!  There will be running involved for sure but maybe I will mix it up a little more because the last couple of months have been brutal to say the least!


Special mention also goes to my brother who gets married this weekend, well done Bifffa!


Til next time


LBX

No comments:

Post a Comment