Tuesday 20 December 2011

Nearly There....

36.1 Miles (982.6 Total)

Morning all,


Well what a week.  I have kept on going despite my legs really telling me they have had enough.  In addition I have picked up a sore back thanks to falling over in the mosh pit at a gig in Shepherd's Bush (god, how old am I!?).  However as you will see I am a 'mere' 17 miles from the finish line.  I was planning a rest day but Mrs LB fancies a run this morning so by the time you read this I will probably be down to 14.  Assuming I do my planned 10 miler tomorrow @6am then I will do what's left on Christmas Eve then put my feet up for a week!


That said I have been really surprised and humbled by friends that have said they want to donate to the charity again as I am getting to the finish line.  That coupled with a desire to carry on next year I have set up another Just Giving site (click here).  If you would like to make another donation that would be fantastic, I will be carrying on for the same cause so if you can every penny makes a real difference so tank you very much.


I will be writing about the 2012 Challenges once I put this one finally to bed but if there is one thing I have learned this year it is that without a target I will probably let all this year's good work go to pot!  More on that another time.



Dec 14th - 3.6
A little trot around Chiswick with Mrs LB, after yesterday's 15 miler I was pleased with the recovery run.
Dec 16th- 12.1
6amClub run and it was bloody freezing but great fun!  This was a few miles longer than planned so the Christmas Eve run is getting shorter and shorter!
Dec 18th- 11.1
Despite falling over at a Wonder Stuff gig on Friday night (how pathetic is that) and with a dodgy back as a result this was always going to be a tough one.  Because of a visit to see Santa with the kids that morning I also had to go out at 6am on a Sunday.  This should be illegal in my opinion!
Dec 19th- 9.3
Again this run was longer than planned, so I was delighted although the tow-path was completely mud-bound, & very wet.  Also it was pouring down, I haven't had to run much in the rain this year, and I must say it was great fun! 


Anyway I have 11 days to run the rest but of course I am planning to do it over the next 4.  It will feel amazing to have achieved this ahead of schedule!


I will blog again once I am there!

No comments:

Post a Comment