Thursday 29 December 2011

Thousand Mile Lard - Magic Mile Time!

29.2 Miles (1,011.8 Total)

I have re-opened my Just Giving site, should you wish to make a donation please click here.....  There are more challenges to come in 2012, watch this space!  Thanks
Well job done.  Despite thinking on a number of occasions that I would not be able to get there, I ran 2.3 miles on Christmas Eve with Sam to finish up the 1,000 miles.  Without dwelling too much on the whole year it is worth noting that in November I ran 126 miles and in December (so far) I am up to 141.  These are my biggest months, with injuries meaning in July I ran 0 miles and in the spring having to manage an injury before the marathon.


Dec 20th - 4.1
Dec 21st - 11.1
Dec 24th - 2.3
Dec 26th - 5.5
Dec 29th - 6.2 (Fastest 10K ever)

Since Christmas I have been out on Boxing Day for a trot and this morning for a 10K run.  Already I can feel the benefit of not having to run ridiculous miles every day.  My pace is well up on previous efforts.  This morning despite a hangover and a touch of manflu I ran my quickest ever 10K (50mins 52sec), running 4 miles into a headwind.  This makes me think that the plans for next year could well be achievable.  This brings me nicely onto 2012....


MAGIC MILE
I plan to launch a Magic Mile competition open to all.  All you need is to run at least 1 mile in January and tell me how fast you ran it.  I will then log it, each month thereafter I need your fastest mile sent to me, I will then update a vast spreadsheet to keep tabs on who has improved the most.


Clearly I hope that you will all run more than 1 mile but all I need is the fasted mile in January and then we can take it from there.  So please send in those times throughout January and feel free to send me updates and I will send out a blog on January 31st with a list of times and people.  Let's see if we can get at least 100 people competing for prizes to be decided and supplied by LB.  I will get my thinking cap on.  I am sure I can rely on you all to be honest with me, no cheating please!


PLANK-ATHON
From January 1st I will be doing a plank every day, each one at least a minute long trying to see how long I can hold a plank for by the end of the year!  This will hopefully help to complete the LB transition into a lean mean running machine....


10K
I will be running a few 10K races next year with a view to get my PB down to as close to 45 mins as is possible.


HALF MARATHON
Again I will run a few of these to try and get my PB down to 1hr 45mins


FUNDRAISING 
People were VERY generous last year and I raised over £6k for the Cri du Chat Syndrome Support Group.  Whilst I will not aggressively go after people's cash in 2012 I have re-opened the Just Giving site so if you can spare some pennies for an amazing (and under-funded cause) please do, it all is appreciated and used!


Happy New Year all, and get those Magic Mile times sent in to me over the next few weeks.


LBxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm in! Magic Mile is going to be very good! Plankathon scares me though :(

    ReplyDelete