Monday 2 January 2012

THE MAGIC MILE

It is time to launch the Magic Mile.....


THE PLAN
During January I want as many people to email / tweet me their fastest 1 mile split.  At the end of the month I will publish a list of all participants.  Throughout the year, once a month I am going to update the list with the amount of time shaved off people's miles as a percentage of their January effort.


The winner will be the person with the biggest percentage change by December and also a prize for the fastest mile of the year!


Remember you don't have to be a fast runner to win or compete, just be willing to try every month to improve your time!


THE RULES
There aren't any apart from the usual request that people are honest in order to make it worthwhile
The mile can be just a 1 mile run or a split for a longer run
It can be downhill, uphill, in water, on your hands, with your pants down, I don't care as long as it's a mile!


I want this to be taken up by as many people as possible, let's see if we can get into the hundreds or even thousands.


WHAT NEXT
Email me at jamie.a.ross@me.com or tweet me @LardyBoy2011 with your January time, you can submit as many miles in January as you want.
I will then share the list at the end of the month and take it from there!


Get running and if you are on Twitter please use the #MagicMile hashtag!


Cheers
LBX

4 comments:

  1. I'm voting to do it even if I have to walk! Is that allowed? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it's allowed! Go for it and let me know how you get on. I will even create a 'walker' category for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be brilliant! Got a run this evening but It won't be a magic mile haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will give this a go. You have some spreadsheet to form. Thanks for the extra motivation x

    ReplyDelete