Monday 1 August 2011

5 Months - Time for New Targets

8 Miles (487.8Total)



DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



UPDATE
Over the last 6 weeks I have amassed a huge 20 miles!  On the face of it things have not been going well, so I am keen to realign my goals and get things started again.


July was almost an entire write off due to work and injury.  This morning though I got out for 4 miler to get August off to a good start.  Overall I need to run 500 miles in 5 months which I still believe is achievable but I need more than just a mileage target so have decided to set out on a total food, drink, and exercise overall in the spirit of endeavour and scientific discovery!!! 


As a result I will be starting a regime that I will track here and hopefully, with your support, abuse etc...  I can achieve the goals set out below


GOALS
By 31st December I will:


- run 1,000 miles for 2011
- lose 2 stone in weight


APPROACH
I will run 4/5 times a week with some other exercise on the off days to help shift the weight.  Also there will be no weekday booze, no weekday bread, or cheese and no carbs after lunch.  Lots of water and healthy stuff to turn myself from Lardy Boy to not-quite-so Lardy Boy.


In early October I will find out if I am in the London Marathon for 2012 then of course the mileage will look after itself as the training kicks off.  Over August and September though I need to bank at least 175 miles.


FUNDRAISING
I a delighted to say that I have reached the £5k target which I am very proud of.  I have kept the Just Giving site open for another month so if you want to chuck some more cash in then feel free!  The blog will carry on over the next few months, I know it is getting read quite a bit please forward on; the more people that read the blog then the more that Cri du Chat Syndrome will be promoted.


Cheers for now!


LBX

No comments:

Post a Comment