Monday 8 August 2011

Looters & Loonies

7.5 Miles (496.8Total)



Morning all


After a weekend of drunkenness I thought that maybe a run was required this morning to shake out the cobwebs so to speak.  Last week I managed 3 runs totaling 15 miles.  After a month off it wasn't a bad effort I suppose but I need to be back up to 25 miles per week quickly to keep the 1,000 mile challenge in sight.


The other issue last week was an apparent lack of pace to my running.  Now, you don't get a nickname of Lardy Boy and be very quick in the first place however I was a little concerned that I couldn't pick the pace up when I wanted to last week.  This morning though was a little better when mid-run I picked the pace up and brought my speed up a little.  So happy.


Of course this weekend the news was filled with the news that chavs like to smash up JD Sports and loot it for shell suits.  Quite why that is news is beyond me.  Dressing up theft as some sort of social - racial uprising against government cuts and police brutality is laughable.  As my mate on Twitter (Nelson's Nose) said this morning, why don't you lot nick a suit and go and get a fucking job.  Sums up my thoughts exactly.


Anyway onto much more inspiring stuff, I have followed Mark Allison's (aka RunGeordieRun) amazing (and very insane) 100 day 3,100 mile run across the US.  Today is his last day, just a mere 55 miles today to finish in NYC.  What he is doing is epic, one day maybe LB should do something as insane as this......  might need to discuss with Mrs LB at some point.  Well done Mark, amazing achievement.


Have a great week all, next run on Wednesday....  Need to get up to 30 plus this week, a 7.5 mile start means that it is achievable!


LBX

No comments:

Post a Comment