Monday 15 August 2011

Halfway Lard!

18.0 Miles (517.8Total)
Sunday 14th - 12 Miles
Monday 15th - 6 miles

So this week I managed to cross the halfway point.  I am not going to lie the plan was always to get there by the end of June.  As a result I am 6 weeks behind schedule and there is a plan needed to get back on track.  Before I go on about the plan I think it is always important to reflect and pause on the achievements such as they are.



It is 500 miles from Plymouth to Inverness.  Now I realise it is not quite John O'Groats to Lands End, but it does highlight just how bloody far I have run this year so far, all I need to do now is run back!  I have really enjoyed sharing goals etc with my Twitter-mates.  One thing you get used to is regardless of what you are doing there is always someone else doing something more ludicrous.  I mentioned RunGeordieRun last week who ran 3,100 miles across the USA in 100 days, or Simon B who is ex military suffering from PTSD and is running 100 marathons in 100 weeks.  What I am doing is absolutely nothing in comparison so I use that as a positive when I don't want to go for a run.


The other thing to reflect on is that I have spent a chunk of the year injured one way or another including not being able to run at all throughout July.  This helps me think that injury free I will achieve the goal.


So to the plan.  I want to target December 24th as my date for completing the challenge.  This will allow for any contingency but also provide a clear goal.  Over the next month I want to run as many miles as I can.  Then on the 16th September I will start a 100 day run streak ending on December 24th.  I am pleased that I have managed 18 miles in the past 2 days however there is such a long way to go I just have to get my Lardy Arse in gear.


Till later in the week.


LBx

1 comment: