Wednesday 10 August 2011

Man Flu

3.0 Miles (499.8Total)



Despite it being mid August and way past halfway through the year LB is finally spluttering his way towards the halfway point.  In some ways this is very frustrating however when you consider I have had a couple of injuries that have cost me nearly 8 weeks of running I still live in hope that the 1,000 mile target is well in view still.


A touch of man-flu meant that I had to realign my targets a bit this morning so only a little trot round Chiswick instead of 6-7 miles.


I made the mistake of finishing my run 5 minutes before the end of Mrs LB's bootcamp session.  I therefore got asked to do the 5 minute 'abs' session.  Now I put 'abs' in speech marks because I don't really own any of those.  5 painful minutes later I jogged alongside Mrs LB cycling until I raced her home on our street.  The good news is I won, the bad news is that I nearly died!  The problem with getting old is that your brain makes you think you can do things that you can't.  Mistake.


No matter.


In other news (not mentioning the r word here, I deal with that on Twitter), Arsenal desperately in need of an experienced, defensive player(s) has signed a 17 year old winger for £12M.  Marvelous.


LBx

No comments:

Post a Comment