Friday 25 March 2011

T-23 - Hot Lard!

5.5 Miles (381.3 Total) - 2011 - 258.4 miles
47 Minutes (58 Hours 31 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Afternoon all


I wanted to get a short, sharp run in before the end of the week and the Kingston Breakfast Run on Sunday.  I must say I am pretty happy with the results.  My full mile times were:


8.11
8.39
8.41
8.40
8.36


Now for me this is bloody good, and if by some miracle this pace was to be carried out for 26.2 miles then I would knock off the marathon in 3hrs 42mins.  Now this is not going to happen let's be clear about that but it is nice to know I can fire up the after burners when I want to!


The other points of interest included how hot it was.  Blimey if it is like this on April 17th then it is going to be a right old struggle, still wonderful conditions for a quick 5 mile blast.  Also lots of people down on the towpath, cameras being set up etc for the boat race tomorrow.  Judging by the brewery lorries unloading at the pubs and marquees, tomorrow is going to be a big one!  Not for me though, abstaining tomorrow and hydrating ahead of the race on Sunday.


My targets for Sunday is a quicker second half of the race than the first and break 2hrs 30mins.  Simple!  Ha.


Have a great sunny weekend
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment