Tuesday 15 March 2011

T-34 - Speedy Gonlardes

11.3 Miles (342.3 Total) - 2011 - 219.3 miles
102 Minutes (52 Hours 21 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Morning all


For all manner of reasons I am a happy Lardy Boy this morning.  I was up nice and early this morning to prepare for my first proper weekday run for 2 weeks.  Thanks to the ankle injury I now have a pre-run routine that seems to take an age.  It goes something like this:

  1. Wake up, get out of bed (5am!).  The first steps on to the dodgy ankle, feels sore but not too bad
  2. Get dressed into running gear in the dark trying not to wake Mrs LB
  3. Downstairs, turn alarm off trying not to wake the sprogs
  4. Tea
  5. Cod Liver Oil
  6. Jointace Glucosamine & Chondrotin (!)
  7. Water
  8. Gel
  9. Sort out iPhone strap
  10. Fill water bottle and put in the orange energy powder type stuff
  11. Ablutions
  12. Ibuprofen Tablet
  13. Ibuprofen Gel on Ankle
  14. Stretches
  15. Out and off on the run
This morning was an attempt to run 11 miles as hard as possible, and the results were great.  If I had carried on I would have broken the 2hr half marathon easily.  Bearing in mind I was on my own, at stupid-o-clock and not in race conditions I am delighted.  On this particular route this was 5 minutes under my previous PB.

The first 10km (about 6M) was a PB of 52 minutes.  My slowest mile was 9.14 and my quickest 8.35, for me this is bloody brilliant.  Pretty average in the context of all runners but for someone who is carrying a fair few more pounds around than most, I am delighted.

My ankle was absolutely fine but I mustn't overdo it.  I will probably do a half marathon this weekend.  Next weekend is the Kingston 16 Mile Race.  I might try one more 20 mile run in early April then taper for the last 2 weeks.

Not that all was sweetness and light.  I managed this time despite dropping my water bottle twice (idiot).  Mind you once wasn't really my fault.  You see I had my usual encounters with the 4*4 drivers that barrel down the back road from Chiswick Bridge to Riverside Health Club.  I can only assume that there is some kind of Moron & Fuckwit Convention on there this morning.  Honestly I am surprised that people aren't regularly killed by these idiots.  What can you possibly be in such a rush for at 6.30 for goodness sakes.  I know that there are more important and terrible things going on in the world currently, but I am quite a small minded person. I would love some one to one time with these idiots.

Anyway much to do this evening and then drinkies with my old Disney buddy Cristina Scavizzi.  She will be the recipient of her free glasses of wine and I suppose I had better have a couple of beers to keep her company.

Have a great day all

LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment