Sunday 27 March 2011

T-21 - Kingston Breakfast Lard

16 Miles (397.3 Total) - 2011 - 274.4 miles
146 Minutes (60 Hours 57 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Afternoon all


Well I have to say I dealt with that.  This morning was the 2 lap 16 Mile Kingston Breakfast run at 8.30 this morning.  I probably finished way over halfway down the field, most of the runners are pretty serious and most use the race as final prep for the London Marathon.


But where I finished wasn't actually particularly important, the simple fact is that I wanted to achieve 3 things this morning.


1.  Run very much in control but recognise that this sort of distance should be pretty straight forward for me now - Check!


2.  Beat 2hrs 30mins - Check!


3.  Run the second half of the race quicker than the first - Check!


I am a happy Lardy Boy.  It was also nice to get some support as Mrs LB, the kids, my mum and my father in law came along to watch.  This and also my Gullane roomie, Rob 'Baz' Hawkins ran too, all be it a wee bit quicker than yours truly!


Anyway delighted by the run and now joy of joys it is taper time!  Although the plan is to run more frequently than lately as the ankle seems better.  The mileage though comes down a lot as we are now only 3 weeks from the big day.


Have a great week
LBXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment