Wednesday 9 March 2011

T-40 - The Good, The Bad and the Lardy

2.8 Miles (309.2 Total) - 2011 - 187 miles
24 Minutes (48 Hours 19 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Morning all


Well this morning was my first run since Saturday's 20 mile long run.  I wanted to do 6 miles, after 150 yards I realised that not all was well with my ankle, after 300 yards I thought sod it let's just do a quick sharp run.  I am quite pleased in that I managed nearly 3 miles at 8min 20sec pace.  This is 3hr 40 marathon pace, I have no bloody idea how people can run this fast for so long!  Holy crap after 3 miles of it I was really struggling.


As for the ankle, I tried this morning's run without any pain relief and that was in some ways a big error. but good also.  Walking around I actually felt as though the ankle was getting better.  I now know there is a long way to go.  I now realise that the physio is spot on by telling me to focus on the long miles at the weekend and worry less about the weekday stuff for now.  By not running much in the week I am putting pressure on my 2011 mileage however that is the price to pay to make sure the London Marathon gets done.  For now that is the priority.


On that note I am off for my second session of physio tomorrow.  All being well I might do a long run on Friday then another on Sunday.  We will see.


In other news I am now over 2 days of non-stop running which doesn't sound like much until you actually think about it for a minute or 2!


Also it is Lent time.  I am not a religious man but like the idea of being abstemious once in a while.  I have steered clear of my main addictions, beer and Twitter, but have given up Facebook, Chocolate, Crisps and Ice Cream for the next 40 days.  The marathon is actually a week before Easter this year so I might struggle on the chocolate front after the big day but determined to keep it going until then!


Have a great day
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment