Thursday 24 March 2011

T-24 - Physio and Rest

0 Miles (375.8 Total) - 2011 - 252.9 miles
0 Minutes (57 Hours 44 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Well this morning is hopefully my final trip to the physio.  The ankle feels just about sorted and I want to get back out there!  After Monday's 20 mile slog I am planning on doing a 4 mile cobweb burner tomorrow morning and then I have the 16 mile Kingston race on Sunday.  After 2 days of gorgeous spring weather expect it to piss down tomorrow when I go out for a run!


With luck I can get back to a fairly normal routine for the last 3 weeks of training by doing some quick short runs as I taper my training back ahead of the big day which is now only 24 days away!  Very exciting.  Depending on the race this weekend I might do one more long run next week but then focus on 5-13 milers for the last 2 weeks.


I will reducing the alcohol consumption for the last couple of weeks but refuse to abstain completely.  What's the point of punishing yourself with 20 mile training runs if you can't have a couple of drinks now and then!?  I have already given up crisps and ice cream for Lent, and only allow myself chocolate on running days (!)


Before Gift Aids I am close to £3k for Cri du Chat and including Gift Aids I am over £3.5k so thanks all for your outstanding generosity.  Still plenty of time for you to donate if you haven't though so please click the link above if you can spare some pennies!  


Anyway have a fabulous Thursday and I will report back tomorrow on physio and a run with luck


LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment