Saturday 29 January 2011

T-78 - Half Lard

13.5 Miles (197.0 Total)
129 Minutes (30 Hours 42 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Good morning all


A much more satisfactory long run this morning after last weeks wheezathon.  It was also the first time that the half marathon barrier was broken in training.  Whilst I am still a good 5 mins off 2 hour half marathon place I think now that it is possible rather than a million miles away!


I am pretty pleased overall owing to the fact that I went out at 6.30 this morning and it was seriously dark and even more seriously cold.  Holy crap it was cold, the wind cut you in half!  I went down to the river at Barnes, north bank to Putney then south bank all the way back to Kew and back to Lard Towers.


After a jog for 30 mins for the first 3 miles I then managed most of the rest of the run at 9min 20 pace which is spot on.  Happy Days.


4:2 to the opposition this morning on overtakes so 11 each now, including someone I know.  She weighs about 8 stone soaked through I imagine and a seriously good runner.  She kindly 'stopped' for a quick chat before she breezed off into the sunrise.  How do people run that fast for so long?  I know I am not exactly the perfect erm 'build' for long distance running but blimey, I felt so bloody slow!


The trip to Whistable has been postponed owing to my brother-in-law being a total apple and breaking his foot at the gym.  However the kids are being packed off to Granny's (cheers mum) so LB and the missus are going up town for lunch at LiveBait.  According to RunKeeper I burned 2,200 calories this morning.  I am going to attempt to rebalance things in a very short space of time with seafood and white wine.  Bring it on!


Have a great weekend, rest day tomorrow then more running starts Monday.


LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment