Wednesday 12 January 2011

T-95 Days - Gutted

3.2 Miles (139.3 Total)
29 Minutes (21 Hours 38 Minutes)

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



A pretty short and sweet blog this morning.


I am totally gutted.  After 9 days of enforced rest due to a chest infection, I decided that this morning was the right time to get back out there.  In summary, I shouldn't have.  The chest infection clearly has not sorted itself out and after a mile I was really struggling.


After mile 2 I thought I was going to die and after mile 3 I think for a brief moment I actually did!  To prove I have learned from my mistakes I will now force myself to do nothing until Monday by which I bloody well hope that this has sorted itself out.  With only 95 days left to the big day, I have to hope that this is the lowest point, I am being cheated out of 2 weeks of a 16 week training plan (not good).  When I last did the marathon I didn't suffer any major set backs (injury or illness) but was much less motivated to train.  F*cking typically I am motivated this time but.......


Anyway to be positive, I have realigned the training plan starting on Monday, with a 4 miler.  By the following weekend I want to do a 12 mile long run which will be progress from the 10 milers I have done a couple of times so far.


Also I have now reached over £1,500 in sponsorship and now half way to my initial sponsorship target.  I would like to get to £5k, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.


Cheers
LB
XXX

3 comments:

  1. Your old mates are meeting up on the 28th in Londinium, but unfortunately i believe you have other commitments. I will be suggesting to them that each round of libation will carry a donation towards your fund to the value of your chosen beer tipple.

    I trust your old mates are in accordance with this plan. Indeed anything we purchase will have a 'jamie tax' attached, be it beer, food or loose women.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. Clearly I have no interest in loose women (ahem).

    Might I suggest team Breezers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheeky Vimtos all round...

    Port and Blue WKD - Sensational

    Brooks

    ReplyDelete