Tuesday 25 January 2011

T-82 - The Early Lard Catches the Rowers

7.4 Miles (181.2 Total)
70 Minutes (28 Hours 11 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Up with the wierdos and other early runners this morning.  Down to the 'Smiff then north bank back to Kew Bridge and home.  A bit of a tough start this morning after my 2 days of previous runs so the first 2 miles were quite lethargic.  Once I got going though I managed to chug along at 9min 30 pace with a cheeky 8min 50 last mile so there was at least something left in the tank.


Totally mis-timed my run though as it was pitch black for most of it.  I had quite a lot of company though with the other runners and the rowers out.  Quite what makes someone get out of bed to row in a river in the dark is beyond me!  Such dedication is something I don't think I could manage.  Running is back enough but to rock up at the river, sort a boat out, go for a warm up then head out on the river all before 7am seems nut to me.  Still takes all sorts I suppose.


New Year's Resolution Update
I made 3 resolutions.


1.  Marathon Training.  Stick to the schedule, no excuses.  Apart from the chest infection I am doing that. WIN!
2.  Read more.  2 books finished in January already, and book 3 started. 3 books in a year is my norm, so WIN!
3.  No drinking in January and then only Fridays up til April.  MASSIVE FAIL.....!  


2 out of 3 isn't bad I suppose.


Work all day today with Mrs LB back and doing the day care.  Tomorrow's plan is for a rest day but I have got footie tomorrow evening.  If I hurt myself or someone hurts me I will not be impressed.  The prospect of being back on a pitch delivering the Rossi Magic is too good to miss though!  Assuming I can walk on Thursday morning I will pop out for a 6 miler.


Till then
LB
XXX

1 comment:

  1. Keep going lardy boy.

    Perhaps your readers could send in topics or trivia challenges on which you can ponder as you pond the pavement?
    Can you name 5 countries that begin and end in the same letter, not including the letter A?
    England footie Xi all with first name of Gary?
    How many 4 or more letter words can you make from the phrase chickendansak?

    ReplyDelete