Friday 1 April 2011

T-16 - PB Lard

6.3 Miles (403.6 Total) - 2011 - 280.7 miles
54 Minutes (61 Hours 51 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates


Afternoon all!



I have taken this tapering lark to the extreme by sitting on my arse since last Sunday's Kingston Breakfast 16 miler.  A combination work, child care and no small amount of laziness have combined to keep the trainers off.  This morning though I was determined to get back out there.


After a few hours of work and various calls I got myself sorted and went out for what was supposed to be a cobweb blower.  After a couple of miles I realised that I was off to a good start so decided to go for it and am delighted to say I got a PB for 10k.  I was rather shagged by the end of it because it is a wee bit warmer than it looks out there today.


Plan for the weekend is rest with a 12/14 mile run at the crack of dawn on Monday.  Then it will be a case of a few runs here and there before the big one in 2 weeks!


In other news I am now over 400 miles of running since I started training and approaching 300 miles in 2011.  So over a quarter of the way there in mileage with a quarter of the time gone.  I am again pretty pleased with this given the fact I have been injured for a few weeks of the year.  


I have rebranded my Twitter account to LardyBoy2011 and am pleased to show off my livery for the big day!  This should hopefully get a few shouts on the big day.  Does London 2011 is printed on the back.  Thanks to Hawkinsport for the freebie printing.




Also if you have 3 mins to look at it attached is a link to a video that this guy has put together helping you to understand just how far 20 miles is.  Remember that the marathon itself is another 6 miles on top of this; it really brings home what a commitment the training is let alone the marathon itself.  This conveniently allows me to remind you to visit my fundraising site.  I am tantilisingly close to my original £3k target before gift aid.  I now want to reach £5k but will change tack on the fundraising after the marathon is out of the way.


Have a great weekend
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment