Saturday 16 April 2011

T-1 - All Systems Lard

0 Miles (429.2 Total) - 2011 - 306.3 miles
0 Minutes (65 Hours 44 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates


Well then, here we are!  The day before the big one.  I have to say I am a combination of excited, bored, and bloody terrified this afternoon. 



The overwhelming feeling is one of generally worrying about how warm it is today and the fact it is apparently going to be warmer tomorrow.  Having done all of my training runs in my comfort blanket (my cold weather Helly skin) I am likely to have to run with a shirt only.  This may seem trivial, in fact it is, however that doesn't stop me fretting about it.  This is another factor of the week before the marathon.  Constant worrying that this isn't right or that is wrong.  That and insomnia.


This morning was not helped by my son's alarm clock being set off at 3.30.  Bad enough but of course he slept through it whilst Mrs LB and I tried to turn it off.  From then I was wide awake and fretting!


Today though I feel very chilled and am grazing on exciting pre marathon food including:

  • Beetroot
  • Grape Juice
  • Porridge
  • Pasta
  • Water (no alcohol.... 6 days now. A record I think for me)
Also we have the Brook's's's visiting and that means that Enid is here today.  Below is a piccie her earlier today and she is coming along tomorrow to cheer me along which is great!




The other major action today apart from me sitting on the sofa eating is packing.  Below is a picture of what I am taking with me tomorrow morning.  Whilst I will not be carrying all of it, it is an amazing array of gels, bars, pain relief.  The keen among you will notice the yellow band next to the number.  This is a pace band and enthusiastically I chose the 4hr 10min one when I was at the Expo on Thursday.  Realistically anything from 4.15 for 4.30 would be great but we will have to see.



The only other thing to say is that if you are watching from home tomorrow then I think you might be able to view live progress of all runners here....  http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/


Well that's it.  Have a great weekend and hopefully you should hear from me via Facebook or Twitter tomorrow.


Cheers
LBX

2 comments:

  1. Excited, bored and terrified at the same time? sounds like being married to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck rooster!

    ReplyDelete