Wednesday 13 April 2011

T-4 - Almost Marathon Lard Time.....

3.0 Miles (429.2 Total) - 2011 - 306.3 miles
28 Minutes (65 Hours 44 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Morning all


Well this morning was a nice little trot around Chiswick, I now have a 10 minute leg stretcher on Friday and that's it.  No more Marathon training, just the small matter of actually doing the real thing.


I have to admit I am can't wait for it now.  I am not really anxious I just want it over!  Having done this once before there is so much I want to sample again and also enjoy a bit more second time around:

  • Start
  • Running past all the dodgy boozers in Greenwich with people out using the marathon as an excuse to drink at 10am.  Good on em I say!
  • The Cutty Sark.  Not running around it this year which is a real shame, but still a massive icon of the London Marathon
  • Tower Bridge.  This time I am not going to cry!  The noise there is amazing from the crowds
  • The Highway.  Watching people 9 miles ahead of you running the other way.  I am not letting that get to me this time!
  • Isle of Dogs.  Watch the crowds having a great time, enjoy the music and consume their jelly babies
  • Canary Wharf.  Remember to look up this time...
  • Embankment.  Simply an extra-ordinary experience, just so many people!
  • Birdcage Walk & Buck House
  • The Mall.  It's over!
If even a little bit of you thinks that this is something you want to do, please take my advise and do it.  I promise you will not regret it.

A few local people from Chiswick Boot Camp ran the Paris Marathon last weekend and congrats to all of them!  My mate Rose despite a dodgy knee completed the course in 4;45 on a very hot day.... great job!

Anyway have a great day all, I will blog again on Friday and then again on Monday with a report.  If you want to follow me on Twitter I am planning on tweeting all the way up to the start line which could be amusing.  Hopefully I will run the whole thing so no tweets til the Mall with luck.  The support of the Twitter #vlm community has been so much fun and helped with the training.  Sharing their hopes and fears as well as reading about their charities has helped me so much.  Here's hoping we all achieve our goals this weekend!

LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment