Monday 11 April 2011

T-6 - Last Lard

7.5 Miles (426.2 Total) - 2011 - 303.3 miles
68 Minutes (65 Hours 16 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



A very slow and steady jog this morning.  These last few days are all about staying healthy, no booze, multi vitamins, shit loads of water and rest.


As I enter the last week of Stage 1 of Operation Lardy Boy 2011 I am beginning to lose sleep, have very random dreams and start getting very paranoid about ache or pain I feel.


Today I have finally decided on my race plan which is supposed to put a 4 hour marathon in reach at the same time making sure I don't put myself in danger of not finishing.  The first thing to say is that 90% of the preparation is in the training, diet etc but the final 10% is all plain luck. If I wake up on Sunday morning without my running mojo then all bets are off.  All it takes is for 1 thing to not be quite right and the plans can change 100%.


Anyway for those that are interested a 4hr 15/20 minute time is very much a realistic target but it doesn't sound very exciting does it?  Therefore I am planning on reaching Mile 16 in 2hrs 30mins.  On more than 1 occasion I have managed a 10 mile run on 90 minutes so assuming I feel good after Mile 16 I will then try to pick up the pace and see if 4 hours is possible.  The simple fact is though the single most important thing to do is finish, and I will not put that result in danger.


I also ran in full Lardy Boy livery today for the first time, the shirt is well worn in but it the first time it has had an airing with Lardy Boy on the front.  It got some laughs, some shouts and some rather boring random abuse.  I am not sure if the irony of the abusers being fat wasters in a white van was lost on them or not.  Come to think of it they probably don't know what irony is.  Nor indeed pretty much anything.  The fact these guys had Chelsea shirts on is all that you need to know about them....


The other thing to note is that the 2011 mileage is now over 300 miles!  Only 700 more to go......


The rest of the week will be:


Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 30 minute jog + go to the Expo to get my race number
Thursday - Rest
Friday - 10 minute jog
Saturday - Sit on my arse ALL day
Sunday - Run 26.2 Miles.... easy!


I will blog later in the week but not much to say other than 6 days to go!


Til then
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment