Thursday 7 April 2011

T-10 - Mad Dogs and English Lard

8.0 Miles (418.7 Total) - 2011 - 295.8 miles
72 Minutes (64 Hours 08 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Well holy crap that was bloody tough!


With the spring sun shining brightly and hot I decided to head out for a lunchtime run today.  Almost all of my training runs have been run either in ice, rain, in the dark or all 3.  As a result a chance to test out the fitness in the relative heat of a spring lunchtime really has to be taken.


There is one very simple conclusion.  If it is this warm on race day ANY chance I have of breaking the 4 hour barrier are gone.  Not because I couldn't do it but because I simply won't even try; it is not worth the risk.  The chance of blowing up by trying to beat a time in this heat is very high.  One thing that WILL happen on April 17th is that I WILL be crossing the finishing line.


Getting ready to go out takes EVEN longer in the heat.  Applying sun cream, finding a tasteful cap to wear and doing a rain dance take time.


Only a few other things to report.  I swore at some Frenchies down on the tow path in Kew in French, which was amusing.  These 6 mesdemoiselles were wandering towards me taking up all the space on the towpath making an already hot under the collar Lardy Boy take evasive action so as not to crash into their no doubt hairy armpits (sorry to any Frenchies reading this, no need for rampant xenophobia)..... I was not a happy bunny.  Seriously!


Also had to dodge all the meandering yummy mummies in Chiswick who are a bit right-wing with their buggy pushing on the High Road.  Almost got taken out 3 times as I approached the end of my run and was looked at like I was something on their shoes.  Get a life and/or get a job!


Anyway rant over, have a superb sunny day.


A bientot
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment