Monday 25 April 2011

T-36 Weeks - All New Lard

2.5 Miles 2011 - 335.0 miles
26 Minutes (70 Hours 42 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @LardyBoy2011.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



There are 36 weeks left in 2011.  That in itself is clearly not very exciting.  I do, however have the small matter of running 665 miles in that period.  That is over 18 miles per week, every week until the end of the year.  


This gets me thinking a little bit about what to do with the blog for the next 8 months or so.  I have collected in excess of £5,000 in donations for the Cri du Chat Syndrome support group, which thanks to you all, is a great effort.  After last weekend's marathon there has been a little lull in my enthusiasm for running.  Not surprising really but I at least got out for a recovery run last Wednesday, only 3 days after the marathon.  It took me 3 months last time!


Also in the past 8 days I have had a lot to drink and eat!  So time to re-focus.  I also need another challenge.


So tomorrow I am going to enter the ballot for next year's London Marathon!  This time however I am going to do the preparations and training a little different.  I am going to shed 1.5 stone in weight by the end of the year.  Then, once the marathon training schedule starts again, I will be able to train like a proper runner with a target of breaking the 4 hour mark for the marathon.  If I don't get in the ballot then I will be looking for another marathon, because I am not going to go for a bond ticket.  I have asked for enough cash already.  


Also in the coming months I will be running a race each month, partly to keep motivation levels up and partly to make sure I do the 1,000 miles this year.


The blog will need a revamp, I will only post a blog once a week but will change the format slightly to make it a little more interesting.  Any ideas gratefully received!


So to the diet.  As well as all the exercise below is a summary of the lose 1.5 Stone plan, it is NOT pretty:


Alcohol ONLY on Friday and Saturdays - limited beer (clearly not while away with the boys!)
Lots of Water (3 litres a day)
Red Meat - Limited to 2 times per week
Fish and White Meat - at least 5 times a week
Steamed Vedgies (except with the Lardy Boy Sunday Roast Dinner Special on a Sunday)
No cheese (this will be nearly as impossible at the alcohol 'ban')
No Chocolate (see above)
No Sweets
No crisps
No pasta - rice only


This could get ugly, it starts tomorrow once I finish this Easter Egg..........  Run tomorrow also.


Bring it
LBX

2 comments:

  1. Laudable intentions old chap. Just one question -

    "Vedgies?" - This sounds like when you lifted someone up by their under crackers when in first school.

    Brooks

    ReplyDelete