Wednesday 8 December 2010

Day 33 & 34 - Fundraising

0 Miles (94.4 Total)
0 Minutes (14 Hours 38 Minutes)

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



I have not been able to go running this week yet due to work, unfortunately.  Mrs R is also in Dublin so when I am not working I am daddy-day-caring so little time to breathe let alone run anywhere.  However I thought I would write a few words about fund-raising.  I am so delighted to say that I am already up to £790.  Now, given the fact that the marathon is not until April means that I am re-forecasting (Finance people do that stuff sometimes) and now want to get to at least £5k.  Thanks very much to everyone who has donated so far, I really appreciate the incentive to train!


Now as a result I want to step things up on fund-raising.  As a result if you are interesting in sponsoring either this blog or indeed Lardy Boy himself (running tops etc) then please get in touch with me and we can discuss.


In addition I am offering a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity and that is Lardy Boy will provide you and up to 8 friends with a dinner party to the highest bidder at your house/flat/slum.  Please get in touch with me off line to put in your bids or just comment below and let's see if we can raise a lot more money for such a great cause.  Now many of you may not have had the pleasure of a Lardy Boy dinner but I have never killed anyone nor indeed given anyone food poisoning.  As a result I hope that this will be an enjoyable evening!  Bidding is open from today and I will close the bidding process off at the end of the month to try and get the bids up nice and high. 


If anyone else wants to get in on the act and join the fund-raising effort then please let me know and I would be delighted to come up with other methods of raising funds.  I will of course give credit where it is due!


Cheers
LB
XXX

4 comments:

  1. Where's the cryptic album title lardy boy? Will def be bidding for the meal of the century, having experienced your culinary delights. Yum yum yum!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. None today for you Scav. I already owe you a half bottle of Pinot Grigio! LBX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll start the bidding at £8.65 and let's just make it you and I Lardy. X

    ReplyDelete