Saturday 11 December 2010

Days 35 & 36

6.5 Miles (100.9 Total)
59 Minutes (15 Hours 39 Minutes)

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Morning all


Nice to get out for a run this morning after a rather frustrating week.  Another working week that I was basically either working or daddy day-caring from 5am til 9pm left no time for a run.  Technically I could have gone out a couple of evenings but with Mrs R again in Dublin social services may have had an issue.


Anyway excuses out of the way.


I decided to go for a very early run this morning, mainly because it is my little girl's 3rd birthday party today (god I am getting old).  As a result the rest of my day will be filled with kitchen slavery and noisy children, deep joy.  As it was so dark I chose not to run down by the river.  It is lethal enough down there when you can see where you are going, also you never know how many Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls are down there (think about it).


So instead I chose to stick to the roads and run around some very attractive parts of West London, taking in such joyous sights as:

  • Hammersmith Broadway
  • Shepherds Bush Green
  • Uxbridge Road (Acton)
  • Acton High Street
It was quite nice running somewhere different although Lardy Boy couldn't help but notice that he was the only runner he saw all morning.  As a result I got a few odd stares, although the highlight was a totally hammered bloke trying to give me a hug on the Uxbridge Road.  I chose instead to dodge into the road to avoid him, I did look back and noticed that he reacted to my shimmy about 10 seconds too late and nearly fell into the road.  He was in pieces, I think he will be having a quiet Saturday.

Now I had planned a jaunt around Richmond Park tomorrow morning with my old mate, Simon Croxford.  I think I may have to let him down due to a diary cock up.  I am at a Christmas Do tonight and may get spangled.  If I don't manage a trip to Richmond Park tomorrow then I will have to try and do it over Christmas.  Sorry Croxy, will text you later.

The final thing I would like to point out is that I have managed to clock up over 100 miles of running so far. As a result I think that I require more financial rewards.  The running total now is in excess of £800 which is fantastic but there is a long way to go to get up to the £5k target I have given myself.

Anyway have a top weekend

LB
XXX

4 comments:

  1. If a "Hugh" is a reference to "Cottaging", then it's tenuous at best - very good!

    Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. River Cottaging to be precise....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paolo, no problem mate. I am down with the lurgy so I was going to ask you to carry me round Richmond Park....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant help but notice but your enthusiasm for blogging and/or running seems to be tailing off.

    Fatal in that all the good work will go to ruin
    once those pies start winking!!

    Get back out there son- Feb 13th, Melksham 10mile, Reading half on March 20th. These should be sprints for you by then!!

    ReplyDelete