Tuesday 28 December 2010

T-111 Days: The Return of the Lard

7.1 Miles (108 Total)
68 Minutes (16 Hours 47 Minutes)

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Good morning one and all,


A belated Merry Christmas to you all and I hope that Santa delivered a bundle of goodies to you.


Today Lardy Boy finally returned to the roads after a 2 week lay off.  The first 10 days of the enforced break  was due to a nasty cold that ended up as a chest infections.  The last 5 days was to a complete abuse of my body, I would have attached a photo of my recycle bin but to be honest I am too ashamed to!  We had a top Christmas at home with various family and the Lardy Boy Christmas lunch went down a storm.


You will notice that we are now on the countdown to the big day in April.  Pre-Christmas was all about just getting out there and running.  As of this morning I have started my official 16 week training plan which to be honest looks brutal and terrifying in equal measure.  I would share the total mileage to go with you but it is too depressing, plus I will no doubt take a few short cuts along the way!


This morning's run was made difficult for a number of reasons:


1.  The first run in more than 2 weeks
2.  A 'refreshing' Christmas
3.  A particularly 'refreshing' trip to Twickenham yesterday to watch Harlequins.  As an aside I was devastated that the 'stars' from X-Factor were the stadium entertainment..... Shit, is there no escaping Simon 'Tossing' Cowell!!!?
4.  A 'refreshing' evening watching the mighty Arse tanning the chavvy hides of the West London Russians!
5.  An early start watching England giving Punter and his 10 Clowns a good kicking


Some of you wanted some photographs by way of proof of training.  Quite why I have no idea.  I should point out that the photo below was AFTER my run and not before, just so we are clear.  You will notice that I have purchased some base layers, which no puts me in the 'all the gear now idea' bracket.


Quite attractive I think you will agree.

Anyway some more family visits today followed by a night of festivities in Beaconsfield at the family Durdles.  This should make tomorrow's planned 4-5 miler a bit of a struggle however it will be another Lardy Boy on Tour production.

Till then, have a great day

LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment