Friday 31 December 2010

T-108 - I Should Lard

7.1 Miles (119.4 Total)
67 Minutes (18 Hours 33 Minutes)

DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Well, what an eventful morning.  2 overtakes against this morning, rather disappointingly.  I am only going to count 1 of them though so that makes the score 2:2.


Overtake 1.  This one does not count.  The bloke wasn't even dressed for running, he had normal gear on and was sprinting.  The added sound of a nearby car alarm means that I can only conclude that he was a thief.


Overtake 2.  This bloke went past me without any apparent effort about halfway through my run.  He looked about 16 and full of life, the little shit.  If he is writing a blog I am sure it would read something like this.  'Overtook a fat bloke today, not sure I should count it though, I could swear he smelled of brandy.'


You see this is my major problem at the moment.  I am pleased that I have started my main training but at this time of year it is a real issue.  I see the hoovering up of food and drink around the house as a competitive sport at Christmas.  We had Christmas at home this year which was so nice.  The issue is that there is a barrel load of left overs, chocolate (a real weakness!) and booze (an even bigger weakness).  As I was drinking what was probably a triple brandy at 10 last night, I had not a care in the world.  At 7.30 this morning however it was a different matter.  I am surprised that the scales looked like this post-run.




In all honesty I was expecting worse.


The training schedule is asking 4 miles from me tomorrow, I think it will be more likely 'up yours, I feel crap and am doing nothing today cheers'.  As a result the next run is a 10 miler on Sunday morning.


I have entered a couple of races over the past few days, more on that later.  Also some New Year's resolutions to be considered.


Til then, a very Happy New Year, have a good one tonight.


LB
XXX

4 comments:

  1. I should coco....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a winner. What about the other day though.....? JX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey LB, felt your pain this morning, went for a cheeky 2 miler on Cornwall hills. Feel the burn ... Anyway I am back in training and I will put a pound of my hard earned into a pot to go towards your sponsorship each time I go for a run. Needless to say, your blog will need to inspire me, so the harder you work, the more I run and the more cash I have to part with ... It's like some sort of beautiful machine. Just a thought but other LB fans could join in this crazy idea, so we all get fit, raise plenty of dough for a worthy cause and save the planet in the process, well maybe not save the planet but you get the drift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb idea Lardy Don! Hope you had a good break in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete