Friday 12 November 2010

Day 10 & 11 - Run Forest Run

3.2 Miles (27.8 Total)
29 Minutes (263 Minutes)


Morning all,


Rest day yesterday and a little 3 miler this morning (all be it quite quick for a big fella).   Although aiming for 9 minute miles and doing exactly 9 mins and 2 second miles left the quite competitive Lardy Boy rather vexed.


My initial plan for today was to do another session of Bikram Yoga.  It says something that I was so desperate not to do 2 sessions of that in a week that I was prepared to head out into the dark, cold and very windy morning for a run instead.


The main good news of the day is that if you note the cumulative mileage at the top of this blog, you will realise that I have completed a marathon.  The main bad news is that it has taken me 11 days rather than the planned 4 hours....ish.


A rather surreal moment happened as I trudged Forest Gump-like down Chiswick High Road this morning as I heard applause from across the street.  Assuming this was not for LB I looked anyway to find a rather dashing well-wrapped up American watching in awe and giving me the respect I clearly deserved at 7 in the morning.  Thank you Derek Carpenter.....!


This morning I am going on a blog recruitment drive.  After Facebooking this blog and emailing to some lucky individuals, I have now decided to go for full blog launch.  Hopefully this will increase traffic, increase the pressure on me to keep running, and also provide me with ideas with what to do with the blog to stop it becoming rather repetitive.  If anyone has any ideas that would like to share with me please get in touch.


In the coming weeks we will hear a bit more about the charity I am running for and the impact that raising a CDC baby/child has on a family.  This coupled with my running and my highly enlightening blogs will hopefully encourage some of you to part with some hard earned cash too....


This weekend sees the mileage start to ramp up with an 8 mile run planned.  Until then.


Cheers
LB
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Did you sign up for Bath half in March? Should be a walk in the jungle for a lion like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bath Half was full I am afraid. I will pad around to find something else.

    ReplyDelete