Saturday 6 November 2010

Day 5 - The Return of the Lard

5 Miles (11.5 Total)
49 Minutes (110 Minutes)

A reduced number of views yesterday (I am obsessed with being popular) I think was thoroughly deserved, given the fact that this is a runner's blog and no running had taken place for 2 days.

However at 7am Lardy Boy was back, out on the roads, and running along Tamesis.  It is the first time in ages that I had run along the river in London and I have missed it to be honest.  First thing in the morning it is simply a wonderful place to be.  With only rowers, cyclists (and a jumbo jet every minute) for company it is very peaceful.  As I have mentioned before writing this blog is helping to foget how far I have run and how far I have to go (negative thoughts both).  Instead of navel gazing I am actually looking at things around me.  I must say this is bearing fruit with the following things noticed/spotted this morning.

The stretch of river between Chiswick and Kew Bridge is gorgeous.  Exceptions include:
  • the National Archives Office
  • a bloke bollock-naked drinking a cup of tea on his penthouse, all I will say is that it was a bit cold this morning......
  • the foul stench coming from the water treatment plant
Now I won't lie, running 5 miles for the first time in nearly 2 years, was not easy.  However arriving back at Ross Towers sweating like Wayne Rooney reading The News of the World I had a warm glow of achievement as well as a nice hot cup of coffee handed to me by Mrs R (you are fab).

Finally as I actually did something today I feel it is only right that I remind you that I am doing all of this for charity.  The Cri du Chat Syndrome Support Group are always looking for funding, every penny makes a difference so please visit http://www.justgiving.com/Jamie-Ross and make a donation if you can please.

Have a great weekend
LB
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment