Tuesday 23 November 2010

Day 22 - Push the Tempo

3.1 Miles (63.9 Total)
27 Minutes (9 Hours 57 Minutes)


Afternoon all,


This morning was my first tempo run, basically running my arse off.  It hurt.  Worryingly my pace was at 3hr 50 marathon pace.  Given I want to run the marathon in 4 hours, I clearly have a LOT of work to do in the coming months, or more probably reset my expectations!  To be honest I think I was slowed down a bit by my dodgy hammy.  I am going to take the next couple of days as rest days due to work commitments.


Anyway, that said, I know people who have run marathons in 3hrs to 3hrs 30 mins and of course the elite guys can break 2hrs 10mins.  I find this completely staggering  .


I was too busy blowing through my backside to look around too much today, and I was also running down Chiswick High Road for a bit of my run.  The road was full complete idiots this morning plus I was also nearly run over by another bloody hybrid car.  These cars should have a bloody foghorn attached to them that goes off continually.  The drivers might be eco-warriors saving the planet but to be honest I am more interested in me not getting killed.


As a complete aside I have changed the settings on the blog so that it doesn't look like I have written it in the middle of the night and also it will enable all readers to comment.  You have to click the drop down box marked anonymous.  It goes without saying that if you wish to be known to the author you need to put your name in your comment.  This may seem obvious but some of my friends are a little....special.



Current plan is for a run on Friday and then the monster 10 miler on Saturday.


Till then
LB
XXX

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha - I can post now. Nothing to say today apart from well done mr Ross. Keep going. (Ellie B)

    ReplyDelete