Monday 21 February 2011

T-55 - A Whole New Lard

0 Miles (262.2 Total) - 2011 - 140 miles
0 Minutes (40 Hours 53 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Afternoon all


I should be able to get out tomorrow for a run.  I would like to today but not going to be possible with work etc plus ankle is still a little swollen.  Yet another injury has slowed me down but I am very upbeat and looking forward to the final 8 weeks of training before the big day.


New Targets
Last time I did the marathon in 2006 it was 2008 before I went out for a proper run again.  A lack of targets or focus for me is then a straight forward excuse for me to stop doing what I was doing, thus larding up again.  Not this time however.  After the LM I will continue to run, blog and generally harass you all for cash for the whole of 2011.  Having looked back at my blog from New Year I have run approx 140 in 2011.  The plan is to run 1,000 by the end of the year.  I will keep the Just Giving site open until the end of the year in the hope that I might get to £5k.  I still have my realistic expectations set for £3k by the LM though so please do donate on the link above if you can.


If I don't get injured again I should have reached in excess of 400 miles by the end of the LM, meaning I have 7 months to knock off the remaining 600 miles.  In short, a doddle!


This week is also see the deadline for the Lardy Dinner.  So far our highest bidder is for £150 for a dinner for 6 cooked by yours truly at an agreed date somewhere in the future.  If you want to bid more now is the time to do it!


Till tomorrow
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment