Sunday 13 February 2011

T-63 - 9 Weeks to Go

9.2 Miles (245.6Total)
87 Minutes (38 Hours 22 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Well 9 weeks from today I will be larding myself around east and central London in a vain attempt to look like a runner.


I was tempted to give myself the weekend off after my very slow but long run on Friday.  My previous weeks of various injuries and illness at various stages of the past 3 months got the better of me.  As a result I set out on a bit of a recovery run down to the river at Kew then on to Hammersmith back to Barnes and home. 


The river really took the piss this morning.  I ran on the south bank, north bank and around various corners but basically ran into a wind the whole bloody way.  How does that happen?  Apart from this though I quite enjoyed the run.  On this route there are a number of shorter run options but I turned them down and cracked on to do the 9 mile route.


Lots of fast runners were going the other way this morning, and various lardies and oldies going my way.  As a result a solid 5-0 overtake ratio helped offset Friday's 7-3 reverse.  Overall the aggregate score is 22-19.


The fundraising total stands at a tantalizing £1,995, someone do the decent thing and break the £2k barrier please!


I am planning another run tomorrow if the ankle is ok so I will likely break the 250 mile barrier then.


Have a great Sunday


LB
XXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment