Friday 11 February 2011

T-65 - The Long Lard Friday

15.0 Miles (236.4Total)
151 Minutes (36 Hours 55 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Well I think I might be in some pain in the morning.  It was a with a sense of frustration, general egginess and anger that I set off for an impromptu run that initially at least was supposed to be a 7-8 miler.  As I got going I realised that I was protecting the ankle to some extent.  As a result the pace was very low but I was feeling pretty strong so decided instead to press on.


The ankle injury has royally pissed me off.  One day it is absolutely fine and on other days is very debilitating. Today was a good day so I decided to make hay while the sun was (not) shining. With a plodding 10 minute mile pace being all I seemed capable of the first 10 miles kind of passed me by, the final 5 miles however were a different story.  I think that if I had attempted his run a couple of weeks ago it would have been a breeze, today those last miles were absolutely horrific.  In short I imploded.  The lack of recent miles caught up with me but I was determined to make the most of the opportunity.  I plodded on (no walking) and for that I am very pleased.


The main benefits of the run being banked today include:



  • No getting out of bed at 6am tomorrow to do the long run
  • Friday drinking.  Not normally something I have recently not been able to partake in
  • A guilt-free post run Cadburys Cream Egg, bloody delicious
  • A curry this evening.  According to my i-Phone app I burned 2,400 calories today so bring on the Bhunas!
I also had my first post-run ice bath.  The swearing was extra-ordinary, I stopped short of c-bombs but the rest of repertoire were shouted (screamed) and I only managed to stay in there for 2 minutes.  Hopefully long enough for some benefit tomorrow morning.

As for the ankle I felt nothing at all.  I am not getting my hopes up on that though.  After Wednesday's run it was quite painful yesterday.  I will go and see someone next week.  It can't be that bad though if I managed an entirely adrenalin free 15 mile run.  We will see.

Have a great weekend.  Definitely a rest tomorrow and maybe a run of some description on Sunday.

Till then
LB
XXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment