Wednesday 9 February 2011

T-67 - Lard Back

7.3 Miles (221.4Total)
68 Minutes (34 Hours 24 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Morning all


After yesterday's successful fitness test it was back to the grindstone for Lardy Boy.  I decided to carry on where I finished off last week, by doing exactly the same run as last Tuesday. I was a bit 1 paced and a couple of minutes slower than last time but I wasn't really going for it to be honest.  I am icing the ankle as I type, although I felt no pain whilst running so hopefully this will be a precaution only.


I let my mind wander a bit this morning mainly because I was just enjoying the run rather than pushing myself too much.  I also spent most of my run thinking about work etc so not much to report from the run itself...  However what I did think about in no particular order and no editing was......



  • Will Arsene Wenger ever spend more than £5M on a player over the age of 20.  No
  • Do I buy the Telegraph only for the Sport and Crossword? Yes
  • Am I becoming more Liberal in my old age?  Yes
  • Would I vote Tory in a General Election tomorrow? For the first time ever no
  • Who WOULD I vote for then? I have no bloody idea
  • Do I definitely not believe in God?  After about 2 miles of deep thought (well deep for me anyway) I concluded on no
  • Is it possible to have an ice bath without getting certain important things very cold
Riveting stuff hey!

It did get me thinking about a suggestion made by my old mate, Mat 'Tank 1' McCarthy, pictured below crossing the finishing line with a very less lardy Lardy Boy in 1989... (Check out the Freddy Flintstone boxers...



For my longer runs at the weekend I would appreciate a subject to get me thinking, I could then report back with my well thought out answers / conclusions....  Suggestions ahead of Saturday's long run would be appreciated.


A quick fundraising update. I am approaching £2k which is great but I am desperate to reach at least £3k.  Any other fundraising suggestions would be much appreciated.  To clarify on the Lardy Meal, the current bid is £150 for 6 people.  The 'prize' is a meal cooked by yours truly at a house of your choice.  You have til the end of the month to beat this bid.


Plan is for another run tomorrow, rest day Friday and a 13 mile run on Saturday.


Til then
LB
XXX

4 comments:

  1. Your thoughts are priceless as is the picture!

    Good progress, well done.

    Bikeman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could consider Matt Cardle's lyric:

    "When we collide we come together",

    which for some reason I find particularly irritating. Is it just me?

    Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or is it 'when we collide we cum together' Discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tone lowered. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete