Friday 4 February 2011

T-72 - Pissed Off Lard

0.0 Miles (212.6Total)
0 Minutes (33 Hours 04 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



A very grumpy good morning to you all


I started this week so full of beans.  13.5 mile long run followed up by a 8+mile run on Monday and 7+ mile run on Tuesday.  On my rest day, Wednesday, I started to feel some pain in my left ankle.  A long time ago I did some damage to it being a twat on a football pitch.  When I did the marathon in 2006 it was the only injury that recurred.  I think it may be something to do with compensating for a dodgy left knee (ironically I have never had any pain running there!)


Having decided to have an additional rest day on Thursday, followed by a run today and a 15 mile run tomorrow, I hoped for the best.


If anything today it is worse with a lot of pain particularly walking up the stairs.  At this stage I am not sure how bad it is but will have to rest this weekend.  If it is no better by Monday I will have to go to a physio.


I am a bit gutted, the last 3 weeks of training have been fantastic.  As ridiculous as it might sound I was actually beginning to enjoy the challenge of the longer runs getting longer and the shorter runs getting faster.  This has set me back a bit.  No matter I can concentrate on 'refuelling' this weekend and start afresh on Monday!


I am within touching distance of £2k so thanks again for your donations, it makes a huge difference.


In other news this week my no-so-little boy turned 6!!!  Happy Birthday Sammy.


Have a great weekend, more running and blogs next week (fingers and ankles crossed!)


LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment