Tuesday 1 February 2011

T-75 - Pushing the Lard

7.3 Miles (212.6Total)
66 Minutes (33 Hours 04 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



February got off to a rip-roaring start this morning, although it was a bit cold and grey.  A pretty pacey run only 24 hours after the previous tempo run.  The first mile or so was pretty nasty but once I got going it was great fun!  Now done 16 miles in 2 days with at least another 24 planned this week, I might even venture to Richmond Park at some point for my first proper hills.  It is the only thing missing from the training so far and based on the last time I did the marathon it is something that needs to be done or else!


I have decided not to run the Watford Half Marathon for reasons I won't bore you with but let's just say I would rather do the long run on Saturday.  I therefore need to find another race to do along with the Kingston 16 miler in late March.  Preferably a 1/2 marathon in Feb and a 10k in early April.  Any ideas?


After such a good run and a good few weeks I want to turn my attention to fund raising.  So far I have had no bids on the dinner cooked by Lardy Boy apart from the £8.90 from my Scottish, vegetarian brother-in-law.  This is not acceptable.  As much as I like the porridge-gobbler, I don't want a candle lit meal with him so please, the offer is still there just come in with a sensible bid and I will cook for you and your mates or whatever!


On the Just Giving front I am delighted that the number keeps ticking up and now stands at £1,885.  Again a massive thanks to those who have donated.  I would love to get to £5k but to do that I think I need other ways to raise cash so please let me know if you have any bright (clean) ideas.


Cheers for now
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment