Saturday 26 February 2011

T-50 - The Lard Strikes Back

15.1 Miles (282.8 Total) - 2011 - 160.6 miles
148 Minutes (44 Hours 13 Minutes)


DONATE: www.justgiving.com/jamie-ross
FOLLOW LARDY BOY ON TWITTER: @Rooster1972.  Please follow me on Twitter for additional Lardy Boy updates



Afternoon all


I am not sure what is wrong with my ankle exactly.  One day I can hardly put any weight on the damn thing and then days like today I can pop out to churn out a 15 miler.  Very odd.  All bar 1 mile was under my 10 minute mile target.  As much as this will not get me a 4 hour marathon, I find this pace to be very natural to a slow coach like me.  I kept deliberately at this pace as the long runs should be run slowly, although I didn't mind and was quite happy at plodding pace.


To be honest up til the last mile or so I felt like I could run all day.  The last couple of miles always hurt regardless of how long you have been running for; it is all in the head.  Therefore overall I am delighted with today's run but very pissed off that another week has gone by only able to do 2 runs.


I am off to a physio early next week to get a better understanding on how to manage the injury. Over the next 4 weeks I need to run at least 4 times a week doing all kinds of runs including at least 2 of 20 miles ahead of the big day.  There is no way the injury is going to stop me running the marathon (this morning proves that) but clearly I need to manage it carefully so as not to put all the good work at risk.


The good news post run is a slightly sore ankle but the rest of me feels tip top.  A bit of a surprise and I may even manage a small recovery run tomorrow morning if the ankle hasn't swollen up.


Congratulations to Neil Hester who 'wins' a dinner for 6/8 (can't remember which) to be cooked by LB himself at some point.  Schneeks, get in touch and we can sort out diaries old son.


The prize for me after this morning's run is an afternoon of not a lot followed by watching the slug-fest that will be England versus France drinking Stella.  Happy days.


Have a great weekend
LB
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment